Energy consumption is a major concern for all of us. As we strive to reduce our carbon footprint and keep costs down, it’s important to understand just how much energy our appliances are using. One such appliance that has gained popularity in recent years is the American-Style Fridge Freezer. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at its energy consumption, cost in dollars, and provide some tips on how to save money while using it.
How To Use This Calculator
Using this energy calculator is a simple and will help you determine the costs of running your appliance. Click on ‘Calculate’ to use the predefined values, or enter your daily usage in hours, appliance watts, and your current energy costs in dollars. The calculator will provide you with the daily, monthly, and yearly results. It’s important to ensure the accuracy of the information entered to get the most accurate results.
Hours Used Per Day
Enter the number of hours you estimate the appliance will be on throughout the day. To use fractions of an hour please use a decimal point in the form.
For example: 1 hour and 30 mintes would be 1.5, and 3 hours and 15 minutes would be 3.25
Power Used in Watts
The calculator already includes a default average wattage. If your appliance uses a different wattage then enter it in the calculator.
Your Energy Rate in kWh
The calculator includes an average energy rate (price in $/kWh) to use for the calculation. This may not be the exact price that you’re currently paying for electricity. If you know your energy rate please enter your price per kilowatt-hour.
The American-Style Fridge Freezer is a large and powerful appliance that requires a lot of energy to run. Typically, it uses around 40 watts per hour. Given that the average household has this appliance running for around 8 hours a day, that’s 320 watts per day, or 9.6 kWh per month. This may not sound like a lot, but it can quickly add up, especially when you consider that this is just for one appliance.
To put this in perspective, let’s compare it to other appliances. A laptop uses around 50 watts, a TV around 100 watts, and a vacuum cleaner around 700 watts. So, while the American-Style Fridge Freezer may not be the most energy-hungry appliance, it’s still worth keeping an eye on how much it’s using.
Energy consumption is a hot topic today. With climate change and environmental issues at the forefront of people’s minds, it’s important to be aware of how much energy we’re using and what impact it’s having on the planet. Additionally, with electricity prices constantly on the rise, keeping energy costs down is a priority for many households.
Cost in Dollars of Energy Usage
So, how much is all this energy usage costing you? To calculate the cost, we’ll use the default price of $0.12/kWh. This means that for 9.6 kWh per month, you’ll be paying about $0.04 per day, $1.15 per month, or $14.02 per year. Again, this may not seem like a lot, but when you consider that this is just one appliance, it’s worth taking note of.
Money Saving Tips
Here are some tips to help reduce the cost of running your American-Style Fridge Freezer:
- Keep it full: A full fridge and freezer will retain the cold better and use less energy. Try to keep them as full as possible without overpacking.
- Keep it clean: A clean fridge and freezer will work more efficiently. Dust the coils and vacuum the back of the fridge regularly.
- Adjust the temperature: Try to keep the fridge temperature between 37°F and 40°F and the freezer between 0°F and 5°F. Any colder than that is unnecessary and more expensive.
- Don’t leave the door open: Every time you open the door, cold air escapes and warm air enters. Try to open the door as little as possible and avoid leaving it open for long periods of time.
- Buy an energy-efficient model: If you’re in the market for a new American-Style Fridge Freezer, look for one with an Energy Star rating. These models are designed to be more energy-efficient and will save you money in the long run.
By following these tips, you can help reduce the energy consumption and costs of your American-Style Fridge Freezer. Not only will this help keep your electricity bill down, but it will also have a positive impact on the environment.