If you’re in the market for a high-pressure washer, it’s essential that you consider the overall energy consumption and associated costs. In this article, we’ll take a look at the energy consumption, related costs, and tips to help you save money.
How To Use This Calculator
Using this energy calculator is a simple and will help you determine the costs of running your appliance. Click on ‘Calculate’ to use the predefined values, or enter your daily usage in hours, appliance watts, and your current energy costs in dollars. The calculator will provide you with the daily, monthly, and yearly results. It’s important to ensure the accuracy of the information entered to get the most accurate results.
Hours Used Per Day
Enter the number of hours you estimate the appliance will be on throughout the day. To use fractions of an hour please use a decimal point in the form.
For example: 1 hour and 30 mintes would be 1.5, and 3 hours and 15 minutes would be 3.25
Power Used in Watts
The calculator already includes a default average wattage. If your appliance uses a different wattage then enter it in the calculator.
Your Energy Rate in kWh
The calculator includes an average energy rate (price in $/kWh) to use for the calculation. This may not be the exact price that you’re currently paying for electricity. If you know your energy rate please enter your price per kilowatt-hour.
When it comes to energy consumption, a high-pressure washer consumes a significant amount of energy. For example, the default appliance we’re considering uses 1200 watts. Depending on how often you use the appliance, this level of power consumption can add up quickly.
To put it into perspective, a typical high-pressure washer operates at 120 volts, which means it consumes around 10 amps. This amount of energy is similar to what a standard hairdryer uses when in operation.
Importance and Relevance
The energy usage of appliances like high-pressure washers is becoming increasingly important in our world today. With the growing concern around climate change, people are looking for ways to reduce their energy consumption and carbon footprint.
Furthermore, reducing energy consumption also has a direct impact on your wallet. By decreasing the amount of energy you consume, you can save a significant amount of money on your monthly energy bills.
Cost in Dollars of Energy Usage
To calculate the cost of energy usage, you need to first determine how much energy the appliance consumes. For example, if the appliance uses 1200 watts, is used for 1 hour every day, and the current energy price is $0.12/kWh, the energy cost is as follows:
- Daily cost: 1.2 kWh x $0.12/kWh = $0.14/day
- Monthly cost: 36 kWh x $0.12/kWh = $4.32/month
- Yearly cost: 438 kWh x $0.12/kWh = $52.56/year
As you can see, even with the default settings, the yearly cost of energy consumption can quickly add up.
Money Saving Tips
Thankfully, there are several ways to save money when using a high-pressure washer. Here are some tips to help reduce your energy consumption and costs:
- Use your appliance during off-peak hours: Depending on your energy provider, you may pay less for electricity during off-peak hours. Consider using your high-pressure washer during these times to save on costs.
- Only use the appliance when necessary: It’s easy to overuse appliances like high-pressure washers. Only use the appliance when necessary to conserve energy and reduce costs.
- Use a nozzle with less pressure: A high-pressure nozzle uses more energy than a low-pressure nozzle. Consider using a nozzle with less pressure to reduce your energy consumption and save money.
- Keep your appliance maintained: A well-maintained high-pressure washer operates more efficiently, reducing energy consumption and costs.
By following these tips, you can reduce your energy consumption and costs while still enjoying the benefits of a high-pressure washer.