Table of Contents
About Pulse Power
Pulse Power is a reputable retail electric provider in Texas. The company was founded in Texas and proudly serves Texans throughout the entire state.
They offer a wide range of plans for all residential households, small to large, and has an affordable pricing structure for any monthly usage you may have. Their main goal is to simplify the process of picking the right plan and making sure it is affordable, convenient, and reliable.
When it comes to customer service, Pulse Power takes each and every one of its customers very seriously and puts them on top of their priority list. You can always count on them for great service and cheap electricity prices.
Electricity Plans That Pulse Power Offers
When you are moving into a new house or switching from a different provider, it is crucial that you choose the right energy plan for your home size and your usage pattern.
Pulse Power offers a wide range of plans that allow you to choose between fixed-rate and variable-rate plans. While each plan individually is very good, some of them might be better for your needs. Each plan has some unique benefits or discounts that you may be able to take advantage of.
To get the most out of each plan we highly recommend that you have a general idea of your monthly usage and enter it in our electricity calculator on our comparison page, or let us do the hard work for you and use our free concierge service to get a consultation from one of our energy specialists.
Once you decide on which post power plan you want to go with, you can also choose to power your home with green energy, which can help offset your carbon footprint and assist with a more sustainable and greener future.
Texas Fixed Rate Plan
With a fixed-rate energy plan, you will have a set price for electricity each month regardless of the market pricing fluctuations. When you initially sign up you will agree to a specific rate that will not change during the term of your contract.
These types of fixed-rate plans offer you security and predictability. If you are the type of person that does not like changes and you put an extra emphasis on predictability, and knowing that you have a set price every month, then the Texas fixed-rate plans are exactly what you need.
When you go with a fixed-rate plan you can choose between several different contract lengths. If you are afraid of long-term commitments, term lengths usually start from 3 months and will usually go up to 36 months, so you can lock your price ahead of time.
Typically longer-term contracts have better discounts, however many times this is negligible. From our observation whether you decide to go with a short-term plan or a long-term one, Pulse Power offers great prices
As always, remember that in Texas if you are moving out of your property to a new address, you can move the plan with you to the new address or cancel without any penalty.
Texas Green Plan
An option to consume green energy is available with most fixed-rate electricity plans. You will get the same exact benefits as any other fixed-rate offers with an additional perk, Using electricity guilt-free.
Click here to learn more about renewable clean energy. But here’s the gist of it:
- Renewable energy comes from natural sources or processes that are constantly replenished like sunlight (solar), wind, and hydroelectric power.
- Green energy is produced with little to no negative environmental impact. It does not produce greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming in the same way traditional energy sources do.
- Usage of renewable energy is on the rise and is getting integrated more and more into our national electricity grid.
- Using renewable energy will not compromise the reliability of your electricity service.
- By choosing a 100% renewable energy green plan you are financially supporting the increase of renewable sources in the power supply by making your Electric Provider (REP) purchase renewable energy certificates on your behalf.
Once you choose your energy plan, it is vital to select the proper contract term length. Pulse Power offers different contract lengths for each plan for maximum flexibility.
Term lengths typically range from 3 months to 3 years. If the overall energy market is priced low at the time of your sign up, it is usually better to lock in a good rate for the long term. This will ensure that you have a great price for a long time and you will not have to worry about your electricity.
If however you think you will not stay in your address for very long, or the energy prices are at their peak you might be better off with a short-term plan.
Per Texas law, if you are moving to a new address and can supply the proper documentation you can switch plans without an early termination fee.
Pulse Power Plans For Businesses
Aside from residential rates, Pulse Power offers competitive commercial power plans for your business. Commercial electricity rates change on a daily basis, so in order to get the most updated price please contact our Energy Specialists to get a custom quote.
Looking to establish or switch plans for your business? We can help!
Shopping for a business plan is time-consuming and tedious. SlashPlan can provide you with live rates so you can compare plans quickly and accurately.
At no cost or obligation to you, we will find the top plans from 30+ competing suppliers in your area.
If you choose to sign up, the entire process can be completed online with e-signatures, so you don’t have to waste your precious time and resources.
Go to our Business Energy Comparison page to learn more.
Pulse Power Methods Of Payment
In order to make it easier for its customers, Pulse Power offers multiple methods of payment:
- Online payment – Once your enrollment is complete and you become a Pulse Power customer, you will have access to your own online account. In your personal account, you will have the option to view statements and make payments online. This is the easiest and fastest way to get set up.
- Pay by mail – This is not everyone’s favorite choice but some people prefer to send their payments via check in the mail. Please follow the payment instructions by Pulse Power after you sign up. You will need to send your checks to their mailing address.
- Pay by phone – Submit your payment with a live rep over the phone (833) 785-7797
- AutoPay online – You have an option to set up an automatic payment plan that gets submitted monthly and pays your due balance automatically. You also get an extra $1 bill credit every time your bill is paid with this method.
Pulse Power Tips For Saving Energy
You can tell that Pulse Power cares about their customers by looking at their website. They have a dedicated page where they share tips for saving energy. These important tips will lower your bill and help the environment by reducing the impact of energy generation.
Here are some of the energy-saving tips that you should follow:
- Change the light bulbs in your house to LED bulbs
- Whenever possible open the windows or blinds and take advantage of natural sunlight
- Change your AC air filters regularly
- Install timers or smart devices to automatically turn off lights when they are not in need
- If needed add insulation between your walls, and or attic
- Seal cracks and gaps in outer facing walls and windows
- Turn off the lights when you are not in a room
- Use a Smart Thermostat to reduce cooling and heating times
- Unplug electronic devices that are not being used
- When doing the laundry or dishes, wash only when you have reached a full load
Pulse Power Tips For a Greener Lifestyle
Using less electricity is easier than most people think. With so many new technological advancements, we can track and eliminate waste. Equipment and light bulbs that we have been using for a long time are now much more efficient than in the past, and with the help of smart thermostats and timers, we can manage our usage much more efficiently.
Here are some of the poles power tips for living a greener and more sustainable lifestyle:
- Use public transportation – when possible use public transportation, it’s helps you reduce carbon emissions and lets you take advantage of dedicated HOV lanes.
- Use eco-friendly products – eco-friendly products are now widely available in the market. Start using them or easily make your own cleaning supplies using natural alternatives.
- Ride your bike or walk – when you can choose to ride your bike or walk places. It is great for your health and the environment!
- Be aware of your electricity usage and costs – When you lower your AC thermostat by just one degree, your bill can increase by approximately 7%.
- Carpool – carpool with your friends or co-workers, it will greatly reduce carbon emissions
- Recycle – reduce the amount of waste that is sent to landfills by recycling. this will conserve precious natural resources like water and trees
Does Pulse Power Require a Deposit?
When enrolling in a new energy plan Pulse Power will run a soft credit check. they currently do not offer a “No Credit” plan. Based on your credit they may require a small deposit, which is refundable when your contract ends.
Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible for a deposit waiver:
- If you are 65 or older and you are not currently past due on your electricity bill
- If you’ve been legally designated as a victim of family violence
- If your electric account isn’t currently in delinquent status
- If you haven’t made a late payment more than once over the course of the last year
if any of these circumstances apply to you, or if you feel like the deposit should be waived, please contact Pulse Power directly at (833) 785-7797 and discuss this with a live representative.
Pulse Power FAQs
What are the most popular energy plans that you offer?
The most popular plan that they offer is called Texas Saver. It has discounted pricing and is available in different contract term lengths. The second most popular plan is called Texas Fixed. This also is offered in multiple contract term lengths and offers a straightforward, no gimmick, fixed-rate monthly energy rate
Do you offer green energy plans from renewable resources?
They emphasize the importance of using green energy, and they back their words by offering a great Green Energy plan that is called Texas Green. This plan offers all the benefits that a standard fixed-rate plan does, but ensures that your energy is 100% green at an additional minimal cost.
What are the benefits of signing up with Pulse Power?
They offer some of the best rates in Texas. They are well known for being a great provider with superb customer service, an excellent management team, and very high customer satisfaction rates.
In comparison to other providers, Pulse Power is a very good electric retail provider and has one of the best management teams in the overall industry. They offer low priced energy plans and are among the cheapest energy providers in Texas.
They offer straightforward no gimmick plans for all usage levels and also offer payment assistance programs in case you cannot pay your bill on time.
If you are looking for a good deal from a great company then definitely take a look at Pulse Power’s plans. They are one of the best providers in Texas.
Pulse Power Reviews
Report An Outage - Pulse Power
If you have a power outage with Pulse Power you will need to contact the utility company directly (also known as TDU - transmission and delivery utility). This is a different company than Pulse Power. Your utility company is determined by your service address, and there are 5 of these TDUs in Texas:
Please remember, if you have a power outage, you should not contact Pulse Power about it, but rather your TDU company
Still not convinced?
See some of our other plans
Please note: The rates above are updated periodically. Current energy rates may have changed since our last update. To get the latest energy rates in your area please go to our comparison page and enter your zip code. Energy rates shown above are for a residential monthly consumption of 1000 kWh in zip code 77043.
If you live in a deregulated energy state like Texas you can save on your Electric Bill
Here are some of the cities we serve:
- Houston, TX
- Mission, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Midland, TX
- Mcallen, TX
- Pearland, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Big Spring, TX
- Alvin, TX
- Katy, TX
- Abilene, TX
- Sugar Land, TX
- Arlington, TX
- Missouri City, TX
- Laredo, TX
- Richmond, TX
- Harlingen, TX
- Edinburg, TX
- Plano, TX
- Cypress, TX
- Killeen, TX
- Humble, TX
- Dickinson, TX
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Mesquite, TX
- Angleton, TX
- Tyler, TX
- Eagle Pass, TX
- Allen, TX
- Spring, TX
- Eden, TX
- Belton, TX
- Carrollton, TX
- Baytown, TX
- San Benito, TX
- Mansfield, TX
- Irving, TX
- La Porte, TX
- Lewisville, TX
- North Richland Hills, TX
- Brownwood, TX
- Bay City, TX
- Big Lake, TX
- Round Rock, TX
- League City, TX
- Grapevine, TX
- Coppell, TX
- Tomball, TX
- Wichita Falls, TX
- Burleson, TX
- Kingsville, TX
- Colorado City, TX
- Euless, TX
- Pharr, TX
- Waco, TX
- Victoria, TX
- Weslaco, TX
- Del Rio, TX
- Temple, TX
- Pasadena, TX
- Rio Grande City, TX
- Lufkin, TX
- Waxahachie, TX
- Sherman, TX
- Red Oak, TX
- Mckinney, TX
- Haltom City, TX
- Rockwall, TX
- Menard, TX
- Pecos, TX
- La Marque, TX
- Alice, TX
- Rockport, TX
- Athens, TX
- Galveston, TX
- Cedar Hill, TX
- Richardson, TX
- Magnolia, TX
- Crosby, TX
- Los Fresnos, TX